Tour Code: IGT-CAV-19
Duration: 4Days / 3 Nights
Price: US$420 per person,departures every Wednesday at 8:00AM from local hotels in Phong Nha (minimum 2 pax)
SMALL GROUPS – WEEKLY DEPARTURES – BEST JUNGLE & CAVE ADVENTURE IN VIETNAM
Join us on the ultimate adventure of the Tu Lan Cave System with 4-days trekking, swimming and camping deep in the remote jungle and caves of Central Vietnam. You will be challenged with 27kms of difficult terrain, underground rivers and deep dark caves, home to stunning formations and plenty of creepy crawlies. We will visit hidden valleys and secret caves only accessible on this special 4-day adventure.
Gaze up the stars at your secluded campsites, besides stunning waterfalls and towering limestone mountains. You might even be lucky to spot a flying fox dart across the cliff tops at dusk! Feast on the most delicious Vietnamese BBQ prepared each evening at the campfire and learn more about the local minority people of Tan Hoa, who will escort your group through the jungle and prepare all meals. Your expert-English speaking guide will introduce you to their customs and translate some of their stories. It really is an experience unlike any other in Vietnam!
You will go deeper then any other tour we offer and at some points a raft is required to negotiate the underground rivers, where you will come across the most beautiful formations and underground waterfalls. Kim Cave, found by one of our guests, and Ken Cave are also on the itinerary, showcasing more amazing cave formations. If you can fit, you’ll also squeeze down a small hole to our secret cave, which we only visit on our 4-Day ultimate adventure!
Safety is absolutely paramount on all trips operated by iGrandtour and you will be provided with helmets, life jackets, headlights and trekking boots (sizes 38 – 46). All camping gear will also be provided and carried by your local porters. The minimum age we accept is 16 years. This is designed to be an adventure tour and you must have a decent level of fitness to feel comfortable trekking each day.
Adventure Level: Moderate-to-High (27-30km). This is an adventure tour and designed to be difficult.
Highlights: Primary Forest; Tu Lan Cave, To Mo Valley, Hang Kim Cave, Swimming in Caves (weather permitting), Ken Waterfall, Hang Ken Cave, Hang Chuot, Secret Cave, Overnight in jungle.
Trekking Gear: Helmet, Trekking Boots (sizes 38-46), Headlight, Life Jacket, Hammock, Sleeping Bag.
Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Tu Lan Valley (L,D)
- 08:00 – Pick up from local Phong Nha hotel and transfer and equipment check.
- 09:00 – Depart for Tan Hoa Village and drive 70kms through the spectacular Da Deo Mountain Pass.
- 10:30 – Arrive in Tan Hoa and start walking through the village and fields to the old cow trail (2km).
- 11:00 – Arrive at the old cow trail and start trekking across a rocky path (2km) towards the Tan Hoa dam.
- 12:30 – Enjoy a picnic lunch with your team.
- 13:30 – Start climbing Soil Mountain (1km) on the jungle trail beneath a canopy of beautiful trees.
- 15:00 – Arrive on the top of the mountain and rest before continuing on for 5km across a few more hills and small river.
- 17:30 – Arrive at the Laken Valley Campsite where you can relax and swim in the river after a long days trekking.
- 18:00 – Enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner with your team and overnight at Laken Valley Campsite.
Day 2: Laken Valley – To Mo Valley (B,L,D)
- 08:00 – Breakfast
- 09:00 – Trek 1.5km with about 200m of a steep uphill climb to explore Gibbon Cave.
- 11:00 – Trek to Hang Chuot (Rat Cave) and explore along the old illegal timber-logging trail inside the cave.
- 12:00 – Enjoy a picnic lunch in Laken Valley.
- 13:00 – Start trekking uphill from Laken to Hung Ton Valley (3km)
- 15:00 – Arrive at Hung Ton Valley and explore Hung Ton Dry Cave with 15m vertical ladder using safety ropes.
- 16:00 – Swim 100m through Hung Ton Wet Cave.
- 16:30 – Arrive at To Mo Valley and enjoy swimming in the lagoon and waterfall.
- 18:00 – Enjoy BBQ dinner.
Day 3: To Mo Valley – Kim Cave – Tu Lan Cave – Tu Lan Valley (B, L, D)
- 08:00 – Breakfast
- 09:00 – Swim 1km through Hang Kim and try and spot climbing fish.
- 10:00 – Explore the dry passage of Hang Kim and walk to the exit of Kim Cave.
- 10:30 – Trek to the Tu Lan Valley campsite and rest whilst lunch is being prepared.
- 11:30 – Lunch in Tu Lan Valley.
- 12:00 – Trek to Tu Lan Dry cave (2km) to explore the dry passage
- 13:00 – Take a raft and head deep into the cave to explore the main waterfalls (1km).
- 15:00 – Swim 100m upstream to the other entrance of Tu Lan Cave.
- 16:00 – Trek and swim back to the campsite (1km) to enjoy the hot tea and coffee before dinner.
- 18:00 – Enjoy delicious BBQ dinner. Over night at Tu Lan valley in front of Ken cave.
Day 4: Tu Lan Valley – Hang Ken – Secret Cave – Tan Hoa village – Phong Nha (B,L)
- 07:00 – Breakfast
- 07:30 – Swim into Hang Ken (100m) to reach the dry passage of the cave.
- 08:15 – Explore dry passage of Ken Cave.
- 09:00 – Swim back to the campsite.
- 09:45 – Trek over Mango Mountain (3km).
- 11:00 – Arrive at the top of the Mango Mountain and rest.
- 11:15 – Trek down Mango Mountain and continue trekking over two more hills (5km).
- 13:00 – Arrive at Secret Cave. Squeeze in the exit to explore cave and see the its amazing formations.
- 13:30 – Trek downhill to Rao Nan River. Cross-river and walk through the fields towards Tan Hoa village.
- 14:30 – Lunch in local restaurant in Tan Hoa Village.
- 15:30 – Depart Tan Hoa for Phong Nha.
- 17:00 – Arrive Phong Nh and transfer to local hotel
Tour Includes: Picnic Lunches, BBQ Dinners, Breakfasts, Entrance & Environment Fees, Trekking & Camping Gear, Tour Guide, Porter, Transport and VAT.
Tour Excludes: Hotel (before/after the tour), Breakfast/Dinner (before/after the tour), Personal Expenses and Insurance.
Price & Reservations: US$425 per person with departures every Wednesday at 8:00AM from local hotels in Phong Nha (minimum 2 pax).